December 12, 2007

My Little Helper

Mmmmm... Sugar Cookie dough. Ellie and I made these last night. When I said we were going to bake cookies, she went to her kitchen and grabbed her chefs hat and was ready to go! I love this photo, a great smile and a mouthful of dough! Miss Kristie and Gene were over visiting us and Kristie was kind enough to take a few pictures of Ellie's baking fun. The photo below shows how generous Ellie was with the sugar sprinkles... the cookies are rather colorful!!!

Ellie has been helping me make some of the Christmas Goodies that we will be handing out this year. I've been baking like a crazy person for the last several days with Ellie (and Wes's) help on and off. Ellie's help is more of the 'how much cookie dough and sprinkles can I eat' and Wes's help is more of the 'let me help for a minute until something "comes up" that needs attention'. I'm not complaining, just observing, and in Ellie's case cleaning up A LOT of sprinkles!!! Anywho, here is a list with links for the stuff I've made so far:


Mini Chocolate Chip Snoball Cookies **Quite tasty, I've made them the last couple years

Peanut Butter Blossoms ** Gotta have 'em every now and then

Coal Cookies ** I raved about these below

Cake Balls ** Surprisingly good

Sweet Potato Bread (and Muffins) ** I raved about these below

Pumpkin Bread ** Good, but my other recipe is better!

Apple Bread (and Muffins) **This is very good, I used applesauce for 1/2 the oil


On the list to do:


Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Cookies *My own concoction, I'll let you know how it is!

Reese's Pieces Cookies *Still looking for a good recipe - Let me know if you have one!

and probably more Peanut Butter Blossoms (I'm already running out)

1 comment:

~sheri~ said...

Tell Ellie and Wes to save some of those goodies for us! If I didn't have a million things to do before we leave (and a newborn attached to me half the time) I'd do some baking too! I'm almost salivating thinking about it!