January 13, 2008

The Ellie Hat Completed

Hi All!


I finished my first and second knitted hat for Ellie. The hat that I posted about below turned out to be way to small for Miss El's sweet little head. My mistake, but it taught me to measure, measure, measure!! I found a different pattern and knitted up the cap you see Ellie modeling below. It turned out really well, although I'm not too crazy about the way the variegated yarn knitted up into 'clumps' of color. But, oh well... lesson learned. I'll probably knit another so that I get it the way I want it! We'll have a bounty of caps! Ellie had fun modeling her cap for pictures and insisted that I get in on the action too! It's difficult to take a good photo with your arms stretched out and no eye on the viewfinder. Oh well, at least we're smilin'!
This is the 'too small' hat completed. I think it's a pretty cute little cap and I love the bamboo blend yarn that I used on it, so soft! I'll have to find a baby girl to give it to...


No comments: