June 19, 2008

Recipes To Share With Ya

Here are a few tasty recipes for you to try and enjoy, because I told you to!

California Burgers from Cooking Light: These are very yummy with avocado, tomatoes, red onion and a tasty & easy sauce! Pest liked 'em even though they are turkey burgers and I thought they were a great alternative to beef burgers.

Blueberry or Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins: I made this recipe using blueberries for half and chocolate & cinnamon chips for the other half. The blueberry version was my favorite; Pest and E loved 'em too. The chocolate chip version is good, but definetely as a dessert - I love chocolate, but not for breakfast! I didn't add the cinnamon to the batter, and I melted the butter and mixed it with the eggs, vanilla and yogurt, then I mixed the sugar into the flour mix and mixed the wet and dry just until combined.

Last, I have a variation on this version of IHOP pancakes that I improvised:

Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with some non-stick spray.

Mix the following until smooth in a blender:
1 1/4 cups flour
1 egg
8 oz carton of plain yogurt with 1 TBSP lemon juice and enough milk to make 1 1/4 cups
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 canola oil
pinch of salt

Scoop about 1/4 - 1/3 cup batter onto the hot skillet and form it into circles (or whatever shape you want!). The batter is very thick, so it won't pour! When the edges start to harden and you get a few bubbles on top, flip 'em. These aren't going to bubble like regular pancakes - AND - I found that they cooked up a lot faster than regular cakes. Cook on flip side until golden. Serve with butter and warm maple syrup. YUMMY! I got about 12 regular sized pancakes.

**These pancakes are so light and fluffy and they taste good! Miss E ate 2 and Pest ate quite a few! They held overnight in the fridg pretty well too!

No comments: