October 26, 2006

Wanna Slice??

I had to share this tasty recipe with you. It’s another new one for me – I’m really into baking and trying new recipes right now! I love that the weather is changing as I’m not much of a warm weather fanatic… My lunacies run more towards the cold!! This recipe screams fall and winter for me with pumpkin and cranberries!

Harvest Quick Bread

2 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar (1 used 1 cup sugar & 1 cup brown sugar)
½ cup veggie oil
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped

Combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla. Next mix in flour, pie spice, baking soda, salt and nuts; stir well. Fold in cranberries and spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4-inch loaf pans (I used on 8x4-inch pan and two of the smaller ‘gift’ loaf size pans). Bake at 350 degrees for one hour (the smaller loaves with be done in about 45 minutes); cool in pans for 30-45 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool for storage or slice and eat!

*** This bread was yummy with butter, but would also be nice with cream cheese. Haven’t tried yet, but the loaves would probably freeze well if properly wrapped.

No comments: