January 26, 2008

Yummy Yummy Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had to share this recipe from one of my favortie blogs. I made these today to try out some of my new King Aurthur Flour Goodies. I got some of this vanilla, this flour and these chocolate chips. A good excuse to make some very, very, very tasty cookies:

Super Small Batch Extra Large Chunk Cookies

The recipe makes 4 Giant cookies. I doubled it, mostly because I wasn't going to measure 2 TBSP of eggs. Here is the doubled recipe and the changes I made (only a couple):

1 stick (8 TBSP) melted butter (I used Imperial Margarine)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp water (if needed)
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup total of buttersweet and semisweet chips
5-6 cookies (I used Maria cookies from Cost Plus - like a sugar cookie and graham cracker mixed)

Stir together melted butter and sugars. When cool enough stir in egg and vanilla. Next stir in soda, salt and flour. Add water if the dough is still crumbly. Stir in chips and cookies. Now, shape the dough into a 10-12 inch long log and wrap in plastic or parchment. Stick it in the freezer for 1/2 hour. Slice into 12 pieces and place about 3-4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets (I was able to get 6 on each sheet). Bake at 325-degrees for about 18-20 minutes, rotating pans halfway. Cool on sheets 3 minutes, move to racks to cool completely.

No comments: